Sunday, March 14, 2010

Elder Blotter Headed to Chile on March 23

Hola! 
This week has been a long one and were counting down now! We got our flight plans yesterday! we leave a week from Monday! Its so crazy! We report to the travel office at 8 am and leave to the SLC Airport flight takes off at 11:15 land in LAX at 12:19pm have an hour layover and then get on a plane to Santiago of LAN Chile S.A. We fly forever! 1:20pm on the 22nd of March and get to Santiago at 5:25am on the 23rd! holy cow! and then we have like a 4 hour layover in Santiago and then get back on a plane at 11am and fly down to Osorno Chile and get in at 12:40pm! The longest day of my life on a plane! We're all excited to leave for our missions! I'm the travel leader of the 13 of us going to Chile and all I do is if there are problems with our flights I call Church Headquaters so yea its gonna be crazy! I feel like I've learned just about everything I can here at the MTC like I can understand just about everything that people say to me in Spanish and speak about everything I want to say.  It's the congigating thats gonna kill me for a while haha! 
 I love the temple I'm going to miss it when I leave cause we won't have a temple in Chile close to us. I already feel the blessing from the temple and  I need and want to have it in my life. 
I guess they shut down the MTC in Japan and are shipping all the Japanese missionaries here because it's cheaper, so a TON of Asian missionaries showed up these past days so that was odd to see but understandable. 
 I still have my running skills also I run 25 min. a day in the gym at my old pace.   I'm still running strong! I timed myself two days ago and I ran a 5:02!! I still got it! My goal is to beat the month mile record which is 4:57 think I could do it in a week?? haha.   Still hearing about after shock telemundos (Earthquakes) in Chile and it sounds like pretty big ones but probably not really affecting Osorno so will see what happens in a week if we are delayed or not. Oh! Just a heads up I found out when we go to the airport we are allowed to call home to family before we board or have layovers, so be prepared! Send me numbers if you wanna say bye for the last time! 
I'm just soo excited to finally be leaving down Chile! I can't wait to bring people unto this great gospel that has been restored in this dispensation! I know it has been restored for this time and that I am where I am supposed to be in my life and serving the Lord. I love you all and miss you all very much! Primero Nefi capítulo tres versiculo siete...Y sucedió que yo, Nefi, dije a mi padre Iré y haré lo que el Señor ha mandado, porque sé que él nunca da mandamientos a los hijos de los hombres sin preparles la vía para que cumplan lo que les ha mandado. I love you all!! Love, Élder Blotter

No comments:

Post a Comment