Sounds like Elder Blotter is having a great experince and really adjusting to missionary life. Interesting to hear that his companion has had some medical issues that got the attention of Salt Lake. Good to hear that he will get to stay and finish out his mission as he and Rob seem to be working well togther. No new pictures this week to post. Maybe next week
Hola Familia! How are you all?? I hope all is good with you all I liked hearing that everyone is well at home. Everything is well here. We had interviews with President on Friday and that was good. I guess Friday for my companion was a decision maker. One of the Quorum of the 12 was praying for him to see if he would stay here in Chile for his last 6 months because of medical problems he’s had here in the mission. I guess the General authority told our mission president that he was to start and finish his mission in the Osorno Chile mission, so he’s staying as my trainer here and will finish his mission in Chile. That’s awesome news! Our success for new investigators hasn’t picked up too much but I know it will as me and my companion stay obedient and keep working hard we will find the select that are prepared to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We’ve just been meeting with a couple of members this week to keep them strong and active. In the middle of the week, I and my companion went up to another sector in our district for two other elders that he had to do a baptismal interview for. That was awesome because one of the Elders up there is getting his first baptism! So he’s really excited about that. The trip was long, about 2 hour trip up and the same back down so we just stayed in the Sector which is called Futrono. We did splits where I went with the English elder's companion who was a native and it was hard cause I’m still a little nervous when I talk to people because I don’t know what they're saying. But he helped me and I did a couple on my own and it was alright. Then he took over at the end if they wanted to hear our message so he could write down their information to go teach them. Futrono is up in the Country in the mountains area of our Zone so it was pretty cool to have a change of scenery because we're in the suburbs/little bit of the country so it’s kind of like home, just walking streets and not in the city contacting so yea. General Conference was amazing!!! I have never paid so close of attention to Conference before! I wrote 20 and half pages of notes. I’ve never done that before!! I loved it because I felt the spirit sooo strongly and we all felt the spirit so strongly. I have yet to be homesick and I don’t think I will be but then again I’ve only been out 2 weeks and have an English speaking companion. It’s really civilized here in Chile so it helps I guess and the're way into American music so it’s hard not to go anywhere without hearing American music I heard at home or they listen to really old school 80´s music its funny! They're like rocking out to all this 80´s music that I and my companion know so yea. I bought my first take home thing and it was kind of pricey. It is the Original Soccer Jersey that Chile will be playing in during the World Cup. It was worth it to me but the price was 35 mil so that’ll show up on my next bill along with I’m buying a smaller rain coat because that huge coat is just too much right now to lug around everywhere I go. It hasn’t turned way way cold yet, it’s still way hot right now especially since I’m up in the north so yea just to let you know that’s what I’m buying right now. For p day today our zone went bowling together it was way way fun! Because we all had a fun time and I won over all which was pretty surprising. A couple of English speakers asked me if I bowled before my mission ha-ha! I laughed pretty hard and was like not really just for fun so I guess I was pretty good ha-ha! Last P day was fun we went down to centro of Valdivia and I saw Sea Lions!! It was crazy!! I’m sending home pictures of that!! I saw like 15, it was so weird and they were just chilling on a dock laying in the sun and making crazy noises. And then I ate a huge burger that was wayy good! Oh yeah, your all probably going to laugh when you see the pictures but my mamita said I needed a hair cut and I was like ok even though my hair was already way short so now it’s way way short shorter than I’ve ever had it in sooo long so enjoy ha-ha! I don’t know what else to say, the work is just moving along here and the days are moving quick but the weeks are slow so I just have to stay focused and before I know it I'll be home. Oh! when you send packages the best way for things not to get stolen is putting pictures of Christ taped all around the boxes because it scares the people not to jack open the boxes because they think its sacred and if they open it God will curse them. So tape pictures of Christ and like Mary all around the boxes. That’s really all I can think of to report on. I love you all and miss you all and am praying for everyone everyday!!
Love, Elder Blotter
No comments:
Post a Comment