Hola Familia!!
I HAVE MOVED AREAS!!!
I am now in Puerto Montt which is about 4 hours from where I was and it is south and right next to the sea. I love it here, it is very beautiful. I am with my first Latin companion of the mission named Elder Jaita from Bolivia and for the first time I beat my companion in height ha-ha!! The Puerto Montt Zone is the largest in the mission with like 22 missionaries. I live with 4 missionaries because my sector is actually 2! Libertad 1 and 2 we are L2 and the other missionaries are 1. We have the hilliest sector in Puerto Montt and the highest in altitude here so it is just up and down all day!! It is beautiful, we have a great view of the sea because Puerto Montt has a bay area where many HUGE ships come in and dock and drop off goods. Our house is big and our mamita is a nice woman and the members are great here, very faithful and really want to work hard with the missionaries. We are preparing a couple of people for baptism and we hope to find more that want to progress. I am writing on a Thursday because this weekend is the independence day of Chile so we are not allowed to go tracting and do normal mission work. Yo estoy chato de eso!! If we do not have set appointments, we have to be in our houses because it will be dangerous all these days outside. The weather is the same as it was in Valdivia...RAINING!!! Ha-ha but its OK. I am used to the rain and it rains everyday here. They say that there is only like a month of summer here and then the rain comes back. I am seeing a lot of old missionaries from my last zone that left for here. It is nice to see friendly faces and some new faces. I am running every morning with my companion because he likes to run so it will help me get back into the groove and back up to speed a little with running maybe for the university when I get home because we run hills every day! Full speed! I miss my old sector in Valdivia but I like it here and I know I am here because the lord needs me here for a reason and I am already seeing many of the reasons with some people that we are finding. I hope to do good work here. Funny thing, I heard from the Hermanas that we’re going to be doing the musical here in Puerto Montt too so there will be more pictures with that. I am excited for it because it was really fun. Puerto Montt is the largest zone in the mission and has HUGE wards!! My ward this past week had over a hundred people in the sacrament so it was crazy to see. It is amazing to see so many faithful members but then again there are still so many less actives here that we need to activate and help them come back to the church. The people here, I do not really see a difference in them, still as tough as the people in Valdivia, all still in a rush to go everywhere. But its OK, maybe there is a reason why the Lord did that to me ha-ha. But I love it here and we're going to have a special conference with president this next Tuesday so it should be really interesting so yeah I really don’t know what to say. IT was sad to see my old sector go but I am content here because it is somewhere new and I know I am here for a reason that there are people that need my message. But it is all good. I will also pray for Brittany for the job and for everyone at home like I always do. I love you all and miss you tons!!!
Love, Elder Blotter
No comments:
Post a Comment