Glad to hear all is well with you guys and that you enjoyed Stake Conference. It sounds like there were some good talks and many things learned and now time to apply in the Stake and in the Wards. I am well here in San Pablo working hard here in the sun. Me and my companion this past week have been working hard to get references from the members here and have the work more progress through them because we always see more fruits through them than us walking in the hot sun all day. We didn’t have any investigators come to church and all of our investigators baptismal dates fell through so it kind of stunk a little bit but I won’t give up. . It was a great fast Sunday. Almost past my mind that it was fast Sunday. Sometimes days here just blend together and before you know it its the end of the week and it is Sunday. I guess it’s true what they say, first it’s days turn into hours then weeks turn into days and months turn into weeks. The time is flying so fast that we’re already in the middle of this transfer and before we know it it’ll be the end of the transfer. But I guess that just goes to show that when you really get into the work life just passes by here like the wind. We are going to put 5 new investigators with dates (baptismal) this week and help them start fresh this week including coming to church this Sunday. Our assignment from our district leader today and the rest of the week is to teach the Sabbath day and why it is important to go to church and then share with them the blessings that we receive from going to church and then challenge them to come to church this coming Sunday. That is our push at this moment. My companion is finishing his papers to get his Carnet to show that he is a legal here in the Country of Chile so that’s what we’ve been doing basically all day and then were going to go kick a soccer ball around at the Gym they have here in San Pablo. It’s really the only thing we can do and it’s free because our Papito is the owner of the Gym so it’s really fun because sometimes he kicks around with us. We celebrated my companion’s birthday a little last Monday and he put cake on his face as you can see. Apparently it’s a tradition he has on his birthday so he wanted to continue with the tradition.
I hope to see much success this week and find our investigators that we had dates with and help them continue to progress in the Lords work. We passed by a member yesterday and spoke with him about sharing the gospel with his friends and family and at the end he spoke of a friend that he wants to share the gospel with and he just cried cause he felt so bad for his friend and the place where his friend is at right now and that he needs this gospel in his life. I am so excited to hear back from our member to see when we will do a family home evening with him and his friend. I love the work here and wouldn’t give it for anything in the world right now. The scripture that always comes to my mind when I
see people with difficulties in the life or when the work is tough I think of my scripture 1Nephi 3:7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them. I love this scripture and I apply it everyday and hope we all can apply it everyday in our lives here on this earth before we go back to the presence of our heavenly father. I love you and thank you for everything. Tell Shayla thank you for FINALLY writing me back ha-ha I love you all and I will keep Sayward and Matt in my prayers.
Love,
Elder Blotter
P.S. Yes the weather is changing but the heat is just sticking it
won’t leave but will see in a little while if it’ll still be here at
the end of the month. LOVE Y'ALL!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment