Monday, June 14, 2010

Elder Blotter - June 14th


Hola Familia!!
 This week we had one out of 6 come to church today which wasn´t the coolest buuuttt it was amazing!! Our investigator that came to church had never come before. One of the Sisters in our ward gave a really powerful talk on the Holy Ghost and the spirit was so strong in that chapel!! Our investigator started crying and everything!! But the really scary part and everything was half way through the talk, our investigator got down on her knees and started praying!! She´s Evangelical so that's what like they do in their church.  Me and my companion didn´t know what to do!! We just looked at each other for a second and just sat there until she got up off her knees and sat back in the pew. But what was really good was that after Sacrament a lot of our members came up to her and met her and welcomed her, which was way awesome!! Were going to put her with a baptismal date today and she´s getting to the water, heck yea!! I think if all of my investigators here did that I bet they´d feel the same so yea, ha ha. Glad to hear your  box garden is doing well sounds like a blast with everything hope everything comes out good and ripe. Glad to hear YC will be good this year for y'all. Hope I'll be able to help when I go home that´ll be fun and share my experiences because I love the mission.  Its really helped me understand people and what people really need and how much the gospel can really help people.
The birthday cake was really really rich and delicious.. And no that was their house ha ha! Again It has been raining here all week! It stinks that it has been but I guess that's just life for now. Transfers are tomorrow and it should be really interesting on who goes where and if I'll be moving areas this time. Don´t know for sure but we will see. My Spanish is good and  I understand people and talk pretty well also. The Latin missionaries and also people I talk to some of them say I talk very well for a short amount of time I have been here and I don´t really have a gringo accent which is awesome! Ha ha! The only thing the Latin missionaries I´ve talked to said that I just need to work on my constructing of some sentences. My Mission President is talking about the accent in Spain which is a lisp.  When people from here talk they have a lisp in their Spanish. I didn´t get a flu shot because I had already received mine in the MTC and I asked president about if I needed one and he said no so yea I am OK. I think I have a growing cold sore on my lip and I am sure it´s going to be really distracting to the people here when I contact them because its bruised over so its black so yeah. I love you and miss you tons!! 
Love, Elder Blotter

No comments:

Post a Comment