Hello family!
I am glad to hear you had a great experience and vacation in Idaho/Utah It sounds like it was some crazy fun. That’s really funny that you’ve just been running into so many people from Zack's parents to aunt Tami that’s way awesome. I hope Sayward is doing a lot better I will keep her in my prayers that she will feel better soon that is horrible that that happened over her honeymoon. But I am thankful that all of you are all right. Glad to hear Alexander is happy about his choice to join the Naval Academy. Maybe after his time there he’ll think about a mission. It truly is a huge blessing in my life. I can already feel the blessings of my choice to serve the lord for 2 years and help those in Chile come unto Christ and return to his presence. The photos of last week were for the reason that we're all reading the Book of Mormon. I am in Mosiah 15 in English and in Mosiah 2 in Spanish. I hope to finish both to reach the goal as a mission that would be way fun. The training you speak of I have yet to see in the mission. Maybe it will come around to my mission in another transfer or two, I don’t know but I’ll tell you when I receive it. That’s really weird to hear that the Elders were pulled out of our ward. But I am glad to hear they are back. My week this past week has been a jammed full one!! We have found so many new investigators to teach it is so awesome!! Some crazy experiences from an intercambio with Elder Day when my companion went to Futrono for a day. I was here in my sector with Elder Day and we found a family of 12!! Holy cow, it was awesome but we didn’t teach the whole family. We taught the mom and one of her daughters. She felt like their family wasn’t united at all and there was no love in the home. We shared some scriptures in the Bible and the Book of Mormon about the Holy Ghost and she was like yeah, that’s what I need in my life!! We tried to challenge them to baptism but they didn’t really catch the vision because they said they had already been baptized in the Elevangelico church but we can change that with the correct authority!! It was kind of a DUH moment where my companion and me thought in our minds like, duh yeah you need this in your life ha-ha! But it was way sweet. Another experience we had was we found a family of 4. The kids don’t believe in God and the dad said he was Catholic but by the end of the lesson he kind of came out and said he doesn’t really know if he believes in God anymore but we challenged them all to pray to God to see if he really exists as we read in James 1:5 pedila a Díos. Ask God with a sincere heart and all faith and he will answer your prayer. We have a return appointment with them tomorrow so I am really praying for them because I can just see that they are a great family. My companion and I are actually running into a lot of College students here in Valdivia because it has one of the largest and best universities in Chile so we run into a ton of them and teach quite a bunch of them also. Dad, didn’t you run into a lot of College Students in Italy?? I thought you told me but I didn’t really remember. If you have any advice on dealing with people that don’t really believe in God or a scripture to help I would love to hear it. By the end of the week we had 1 person in the church with a baptismal date and one with out it was so great to see our investigators progressing. I was so happy this week was just awesome!! Today we're going bowling for p-day so that should be fun! Our Zone now consists of more Latins than Americans. There's 14 missionaries in total with two sister missionaries and the rest elders. There are only 5 that are American including me so you can imagine the big difference but it’s awesome. The Latins in my zone are so funny. I hope I get to serve with some of them later in my mission. On a last note I heard the World Cup is over and Spain beat the Netherlands 1 to 0 so congrats to Spain!! I love you and miss you tons!!
Love, Elder Blotter
No comments:
Post a Comment