Friday, November 26, 2010

Elder Blotter - Nov 22

Hola Familia,


Glad to hear you love the temple and the awesome news that Uncle Robert is now the new Bishop in his ward. He will be such a good Bishop. For some reason I thought he had already served as Bishop but I guess not ha-ha. I will not be celebrating thanksgiving here because it does not exist here but maybe we will buy a chicken to celebrate it anyways ha-ha. My p-day is going well. The p day of last week was at a place called Saltos Rio Petrohue. It is a tourist area and I actually forgot to tell you all that we talked to many people up there from a ton of different countries. Some people from Italy I talked to said they were studying in Santiago and some Israeli people that were visiting Chile also. We also talked to a man from Switzerland who was visiting Chile with his wife just for fun ha-ha. It was very funny for us to hear that but he really liked talking to us and asked many questions about the church and we responded and he was very interested so we invited him to listen to the missionaries when he goes home. And then lastly, we talked to a man from Germany. So just people from all parts of the world were up there and more people also I am sure. It was a really fun time last week I really want to go back there some day it is very beautiful place and they have a hotel up there also with a TON of things to do there so maybe one day.

This past week for me has been good. Sadly we did not have anyone at church for our sector which was somewhat sad but we hope to have all of our investigators in the church next week. It rained here a little bit which kind of stunk and kind of put our spirits down but we tried to get through it all and actually got some good contacts in the streets. We put a date of baptism with one of our older investigators that we have in the Registros and they accepted!! I hope and pray now that they will complete because we were preparing them for baptism yesterday of all that will happen and how they will feel. We also found a 65 yr old woman who loves to exercise and does karate so it was very funny to talk to her and teach her because she was very open and accepted our message and told us that we were her first missionaries that entered her home and can’t wait for our next visit so we left a good impression which is awesome!! We have had many small miracles happen during the week just showing us the lord is guiding us in the work. But I know we are just going to be the best missionaries in our last week in the transfer to try to help all of our investigators get to church.



We really hope to have a lot of success in this last week of the transfer. I have really enjoyed it and time and days have just flown by, it is unreal. I have enjoyed the time with Elder Ciquero and hope to have another transfer with him because I only have 2 transfers here and that is 3 months, not a lot of time in one area. I also love this ward, it is just full of many good people but if the lord sends me its ok I will live and move with the Lords work where he needs me.



What my companion and I are going to do today is hopefully make bread with Hermana Lindana our recent convert and then also teach her husband so I will send pictures next week.

I love it here in Chile. I love you and thank you for everything you do for me.

Love,

Elder Blotter

No comments:

Post a Comment