Monday, May 10, 2010

Elder Blotter Status Update - May 10, 2010scompanion

We got to talk with Elder Blotter on Saturday for his allotted Mother's Day call.   He is doing great except for an accidental encounter with a nail in his foot earlier in the day.  Luckily he had his tetanus shots before he left.  We were able to ask him all sorts of question about his mission experiences and the area where he is serving.  Unfortunately the hour passed way too quickly.  He said the Chilean people are very friendly and outgoing and treat the Elders very well.  He also has a new companion after transfers this week.  His companion is one of triplets who are all serving in different Chilean missions. They were written up in a recent article in a Church News article.
Here's a link to the article. His companion is the one in the middle of the picture with the article 


http://www.ldschurchnews.com/articles/57626/Oregon-triplets-receive-mission-calls-to-Chile-on-same-day.html


Hola Familia!!
I hope everyone is doing well this week!!! I was so happy to hear all of your guys’ voices!! It was way weird to hear them all again but still way way awesome! I’m sure it was a great mothers day gift for mom and I was glad I was able to give that to her. My week has been really crazy lately! Tuesday I found out I get a new companion and that Elder Simons was leaving for another sector called San Jose and its only about 30 minutes from Valdivia so he didn’t get put that far away so all see him at Zone Conference in about a week from tomorrow. I have a new companion his name is Elder Welling he is from Oregon and he’s been out for about a little over 9 months so he’s got Spanish down pretty well and understands real good too. He is part of a set of triplets here in Chile! His two other brothers are serving in Santiago East and the other Rancaqua! That is way cool to hear that I’m working with an Elder like him. He really has a strong testimony and is a very hard worker when it comes to contacting people he is way better than me but then again he’s been here way longer than me so will see when I get there in about 4 more cambios I think ha-ha!! I’ve had to lead the sector the whole week and for another week I lead to make sure he knows the area very well. He’s already getting to know the sector very well and we’ve done A TON of WALKING EVERYWHERE!!! Our sector is one of the largest in the Zone so it’s pretty crazy! Some of the crazy experiences I’ve had this week is I saw some horses just chilling, walking down the street together! I don’t think anybody owned them cause nobody was coming after them it was really weird and way funny!! ha-ha!! This past Saturday while I was cutting wood I accidentally stepped back and a nail went through my shoe and into my foot and it hurt pretty bad! I was attached to a little piece of wood and I grabbed it and pulled it out of my foot! Thankfully I had a shot for this kind of stuff before I left for the mission so I’m pretty protected. I just got to keep it medicated and I couldn’t really walk on it for the past 3 days so its really hurt but today it’s doing a whole lot better. I need to do laundry soon because I haven’t in a while so yeah I’ll get on that ha-ha! The water lately in our shower hasn’t been very warm which stinks so I kind of don’t want to take showers sometimes but I know I should so I do it anyways ha-ha! I have interviews with President this Wednesday to see how I’m doing with everything and how everything is going so that’ll be good to talk to him since I only talk to him every transfer which is a month and a half long so yeah that’ll be nice. The rest of this week has been great and I’ve met all of the new missionaries in our Zone they seem like all good hard workers and I’m sure I’ll learn a lot from them. I love you all and miss you allot!! I hope everyone is well and mom has a fun Mothers day trip to Utah/Idaho to visit Amy and Sayward and Brittany and the boys!!! I pray for you all and for your safety!!
Love, Elder Blotter

No comments:

Post a Comment