Monday, May 31, 2010

Elder Blotter - May 31st

Hola Familia!!! Thanks for the birthday letter and the package last week.  As you saw I received the first one and love it very much!!! I am still waiting for the second so will just see when it comes. My Zone here in Valdivia actually surprised me this past Friday with a Chile made brownie cake with a Spongebob card with a little note from all of them with candles! It was really nice of them to do that for me I have photos of it that all send in my family letter home. That's way cool to hear that the guys back home are preparing to graduate soon! We´ve had more success this week with finding new people and challenging them to baptism and also coming to church. Sadly none of our investigators came to church and we even called some of them and they said they´d come!! It frustrated me a little but it really frustrated my companion. We just gotta keep working hard and find what they need in order to feel comfortable to go to church. I´m glad to hear Heidi is actually enjoying her Singles Ward and people are being nice to her and that she feels happy!  I hope her job is going well and everything. Its gotten really really cold here lately and isn´t the funnest when rain comes but that's just life here in the winter time in Chile. One crazy experience from this week's teaching I´d say is when we found 2 new boys one who is 14 and another who is 23 and they live together with their dad. We taught them the 1st lesson and at first the 14 year old Jorge tried to challenge us with question like who is God to us and we answered perfectly right back at him.  It was so awesome because after that he humbled himself and really got interested and we gave him a Book of Mormon and he said he´d read what we gave him and he´d pray, it was way cool!! The work is well here in Chile, just hard sometimes because people don´t humble themselves but then when they do they really feel the spirit. I love it out here I wouldn't change places with anybody.  I love you and miss you very much!!
Love, Elder Blotter

No comments:

Post a Comment