Monday, May 3, 2010

Elder Blotter's News From Chile - Week of May 3rd

¡Hola familia! ¿Cómo están todos? Espero que todos estén bien y estaba muy feliz de tener todos los correos electrónicos que he recibido esta semana.
This week has been a long a tough and stressful but exciting week!! In the beginning of the week we have had 2 more people decide that they want to be baptized holy cow!! I am way excited for them and me and Elder Simons are just preparing them to feel more prepared to be baptized! We have also had a lot of rain this week but also a little bit of warm weather with sun which was nice but that was only one day the rest of the week has just been flat out rain!!! haha At the end of the week we had an intercambio with the zone leaders one last time for the end of the transfer which is this wednesday and I am very sad for it cause my companion gave his testimony in Sacrament on Sunday and basically gave his farewell speech and he told me he´s more likely getting moved out of the sector cause he´s been here for 3 transfers so if he goes it´s going to be really sad cause I love Elder Simons very much he´s such a great Missionary and a great companion to me. I look up to him with his great spanish speaking and such strong testimony and knowledge of the gospel. I hope I can become just as great as him!! We find out tomorrow in Zone meeting tomorrow who stays and who goes from our Zone so it will be a very sad day tomorrow to see who stays and who goes so lots of pictures will happen tomorrow thats for sure! Today for our last p-day of the transfer to Futrono which is that sector that me and my companion visited earlier this transfer. We went there with the Valdivia Zone which was awesome cause we had two zones up there ours which is Calle Calle and the Valdivia Zone so it was way fun cause we went to the missonaries branch presidents home which was way way nice it was right next to a massive lake thats up there and there were massive homes all around it!! Its a really rich area one of the missionaries told me and from all the nice boats and massive houses with nice cars I´d say thats a YES haha!! but it was way fun we played soccer and took pictures down by the lake but we didn´t go in the water cause were not suppose to but I´d love to come back to that sector after my mission and go boating in there or Kayaking in that lake cause it has islands in it and it way reminded me of the boundry waters trip I took with dad when I was 12 up in Wisconsion!! Otherwise its just been a normal week just serving the lord with all obedience to him and to my mission president. I am so happy and grateful for the opportunity to serve a mission for the Lord and so happy I did. I know I am being blessed for my service and that the lord has a great work for me here in Chile.

Sé que esta iglesia es verdadera. Sé que soy un hijo de Dios y que ama a todos sus hijos. Yo sé que José Smith es un profeta de Dios y que lo hizo restaurar la plenitud del Evangelio de Jesucristo y su iglesia trajo de vuelta a la tierra una vez más. Sé que el Libro de Mormón es verdadero y que lo que realmente es otro testamento de Jesucristo. Sé que el Presidente Thomas S. Monson es un verdadero profeta de Dios ya través de él que guía y dirige la iglesia de Cristo a través de la revelación. Sé que he nacido de buenos padres que son obedientes a las enseñanzas del Señor. Estoy tan agradecida de tener el evangelio en mi vida y estoy feliz que he hecho las elecciones correctas en mi vida para que yo pudiera servir en una misión para él. Digo estas cosas en el nombre de Jesucristo, Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment