Sunday, August 8, 2010

Elder Blotter - August 2

Hola Famila,
Hey Dad, Happy late birthday!! Sorry I did not wish you one last week. Mom even told me so I need to repent of that ha-ha! Hope you are having a grand old time at Scout camp. Fun thing actually, my new comp. was a Boy Scout like me and got his Eagle too. His name is Elder Osborn from Longmont Colorado, it is about an hour from Denver and just outside of Boulder Colorado so yea he is a big mountain climber. He has a camel backpack and everything so he is still hitting it up with the good old Boy Scoutness ha-ha. Probably a little thing I will learn from him this transfer ha-ha! He has about 2 transfers more than me so were not that far apart from each other in time in the mission. My companion Elder Welling left for Chiloé Castro as I think I already told you and Elder Osborn came from Rahue Bajo so not that far south. He’s a really good missionary and hope to do a lot of good work with him this transfer unless I am only here for half a cambio and then head somewhere else cause this coming transfer we have sobrecambios where in the middle of the cambio some people move in the mission cause the group that is suppose to leave next transfer for home is a group of 25 missionaries!! So President is splitting up the group, half of them go home in the middle of this transfer and then the rest go home at the end because about all of them that are going home next transfer are leaders in the mission so there will be a lot of drops in leadership and a lot of new missionaries becoming leaders so yeah its going to be a crazy looking transfer this one coming up. The rain is still hitting here but not as much. The sun is starting to come out more but it is still very cold here all day so I have my gloves and hat and everything on every time we leave the house ha-ha! My sector since Elder Osborn got here has been difficult, it is somewhat frustrating me. We haven’t been able to find any new ones and our progressing investigators have been busy all this week so our numbers have been really low, so we’ve been in the streets basically all week just contacting people and knocking a couple of doors so its kind of hard right now but I’m going to try to keep my spirits up and keep moving along in the Lords work he has for us here in Los Encinos Valdivía. I love you all and miss you all!! I am in Helaman 5 right now so good luck family!!


Love Elder Blotter

No comments:

Post a Comment