Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Elder Blotter - August 30

HELLO FAMILY AND ALL!!


But first mom ha-ha sorry to here your day was a humid one. I’d trade that day for any of the days I’ve had this past week for that one day. The whole week was just full of rain non-stop everyday, lots and lots of rain!! But the good news from Tuesday was the mission conference, it was amazing!!! The spirit was so strong because not only did we hear things from Elder Scott, but also from Elder Corbrage of the Area presidency of Chile of the Seventy and President Lovell. So so powerful, I wish I could hear it all over again. President Lovell bore his testimony of the gospel and to keep working strong and never quit. His testimony was powerful and the spirit just filled the room. Elder Corbrage spoke of the scriptures and how important they are and how we should utilize them in every lesson we teach. Very powerful man with the spirit and I gained a lot of personal revelation. Elder Scott was amazing with his teaching of the gospel and his testifying of that Christ lives and he is risen. I gained some very good personal revelation. But then Elder Scott took a turn on the doctrine and actually teaching on things of AFTER the mission for all missionaries about MARRIAGE whoa!! Ha-ha it was a great time he spoke of what we need to do as missionaries right after we complete our mission and asked if any missionaries had questions on things he spoke about in this topic and there actually were a lot of Elders surprisingly. But in everything the spirit was there. It was a great conference I will never forget. Two days after we had President Savios come and speak to the members of Valdivia and if we brought an investigator we could attend and we brought Roberto the dad and the spirit was very strong there I really enjoyed his talk on the Eternal life and how we accomplish it in this life. I think though that Roberto had a doubt in something in what Elder Savios spoke to us about because he didn’t really talk much after but we are going to see him tomorrow and talk to him about it and see if he has a doubt in it that we can resolve, because he and his son are good people and really love the scriptures. I think all will be well with that. I am glad to hear all is well back home with everyone. I am well in my spirits of the Lord and trying to keep excited in the mission work of the lord. I love you all and miss you all so much!!!

Love, Elder Blotter

No comments:

Post a Comment