Hola Family,
Yes I am still here as I predicted in Puerto Mont. Same companion, same sector so I am excited to make some miracles happen here in this transfer. We are preparing to help Anaís feel totally prepared for this Wednesday for her baptism; she is so excited for it. This past week has been a good one with numbers normal. We did not reach the standard this week but we are working for it. We did reach the standard of people with a baptismal date so it is pretty sweet to say we reached the district standard. We want to reach all the standards so we are working on doing that this coming week doing everything possible. The last week of the transfer we passed the standard of some of the goals for sectors and I was really happy because it is always amazing to make the standards but also to break the standard goal cause that means that were doing something right and we are being obedient here in Puerto Montt. I am grateful for the opportunity to be with Elder Ciquero again for another transfer and learn from him and also work really hard with him here in the Lords work and to help others progress. A story from this past week happened yesterday with our ward mission leader. We were planning the baptism for Anaís and then we left from the church and ran into a man named Favito who was admiring our chapel. We asked him if he would like to go inside and he got really happy cause he did not know he could enter so we walked through the chapel showing him all the paintings and explaining them to him and then all of a sudden he asked if he could be baptized. Me and my companion looked at each other like is this guy for serious, we just found him on the street walking by ha-ha but then he was like "Yeah I have never been baptized and I’d really like to be baptized" and we were like well first you need to attend church this next Sunday and pray about our message and if you receive an answer you will be baptized the 8th of January and he accepted!!
I still don’t know if the man is just crazy or has a problem in his brain or if he was serious, but we will see tomorrow when we visit him at his home because he kept saying can you baptize me now? We were like what?? Ha-ha, but we showed him the baptismal font too and he was like; can’t you fill it up right now and baptize me right here?? It was very weird and very awesome at the same time. Just goes to show you that the Lord guides us in very different ways to find his chosen sheep for this time so we are praying for Favito that he actually really wants this and is ready to complete everything the Lord wants him to.
Elder Ciquero and I are preparing Anaís for her baptism this Wednesday and she is really excited as we are for her. She is so smart and just loves the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Her mother is not a member but supports her in her decision. We went by there home yesterday and shared a lesson on the scriptures on how we need to read them everyday. I could just see the light of Christ in Anaís that she Is the example of that household for her and her mother. I hope her mother Paula will open her heart unto the father and really ask in sincerity if these things are true and will change her life not just for her daughter or members but for her and her Savior Jesus Christ to work together to become an Eternal family with her daughter. But that is one of the great miracles I received this week from the Lord, thank you for all the things you do for me and the blessings I have received here in the mission.
I love you and miss you tons and hope you have a great new week with lots of work and blessings.
P.S. The picture of grass was when me and my companion went to go do service for a member in our ward and she doesn’t have a lawn mower and actually lawn mowers are very rare to find here. They actually used large scissors but she didn’t have any so me and my companion cut all that grass BY HAND WITH KNIVES so it took a while but it was fun.
Oh yeah, to explain the pictures; one is of me doing the thumb to go to Chilóe, Another we slept on the roof last night so that was fun, Another picture is of the fake tree we are borrowing from our mamita that I put pass along cards on, and then also a picture with me and Elder Welling who was one of my companions back in Valdivía where now he’s a Zone leader and he’s heading down to Punta Areña. So yeah that should be all the photos LOVE YA!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment