Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Elder Blotter - Jan 26th

Dear Family,
Hey glad to hear all went well with Ascher and that they are all happy and all is well with them and you guys.  I am well and sorry for writing late but here in San Pablo the power went down and there was no Internet place open to do Internet so we told our leaders what happened and President said we can write today to you guys to say everything is OK. This past week the only downside was that we did not have any investigators in the church this week and we had a small attendance of about 25 people. It was small but that's what you expect of a branch here in Chile to be small ha ha.  Me and Elder Camarena are doing fantastic together its just hard sometimes to teach because he's new and does not have a ton of time.  I am his second trainer and second companion so its hard because he still has not found his style of teaching.  I am trying to help him find it so we'll see how all things go.  H
ere in the town called San Pablo we are working hard and doing the best we can.  The place  for the next two weeks with be full with Evangelicals with fiestas and what not  here in the plaza of San Pablo so it will be interesting. Its funny here in Chile how you can point out in little towns like these, WHO is the Pastor of the Churches because they ALL have fancy cars. It  makes me think inside of what the members say or think when one day their pastor does not have this nice fancy car and then the next day AFTER all the members gave him money so called "tithing" in their church he does.  I guess that's just Satan doing his hardest to destroy man from progressing back to God. But I am well here with my companion we are working hard with the members here in San Pablo and hope to put on of our investigators with date today so keep praying for us cause she really wants all this in her life, she loves the church and knows the Book of Mormon is true so all she lacks is a Dunking ha ha.  I have gotten darker I think and more tan because its sunny up here more of the time than in Puerto Montt where its cloudy and rainy. I gotta wear a lot of Sun Block. We had our Conference last week with President and that went well and he changed a couple of goals in the mission. It was 15 lessons with member and 15 others but now he changed it to 15 with member and 5 others because President really wants us to focus on working with the members here in our sectors to really help our investigators progress so that's whats new in the mission.  We hope to see a lot of success in this week with the members.  We have already seen success with them with the family home evenings we do with the members here on Mondays.  They invite their friends who are not members to hear a message not only from us but from their friends the members. Yhat's pretty much all for this week I love you and miss you tons and give tons of hugs to the little new guy from his Uncle Elder Robbie


Love, Elder Blotter

No comments:

Post a Comment