Monday, November 21, 2011

Elder Blotter - Nov 14


Dear Family,
HEY YALL!!!
All is well here in Puerto Montt, just a nice sunny day it has turned out to be. In the morning it was cloudy and raining a little bit and we thought oh crap its going to be a penka día ha-ha but no its turning out to be better. This past week of work has been good here in Puerto. Our number of lessons have gone up this week but no one came to church (BUT its ok!! ) ha-ha because the majority of the lessons we´ve had this week were new people we have taught but a lot of them are super awesome!! We are hoping to see a lot of people come to church in the following weeks and of course the most awesome part is BAPTISMS!!! ha-ha.   Me and my companion have had a lot of interesting experiences this past week with going to Calbuco where we ate lunch there with their papito and mamita who are super funny people. I hadn´t been in Calbuco in 9 months. I remember being there for a couple of intercambios when our district leader was there last year and then Elder Service got here to Puerto Montt and he became the district leader so we stopped going there.  Surprisingly I remembered my way around Calbuco and how to get to the chapel and everything.  I had only been there like twice and now I have been there three times. We went to Calbuco because my companion had to do an interview for a baptism there for the Elders in Calbuco so it was cool to go there again. Wow its so crazy how the mission is right now. The Zone of Puerto Montt is like the youngest Zone in the mission right now. The mission is getting young right now. There are three Elders here in Puerto Montt that have more than a year and a half and one of them is me and the other two are an Elder that finishes with me and the other is an Elder that finishes this transfer that’s a Zone leader so its so weird ha-ha.  What else that was weird that happened this past week.... OH YEAH!! WE had rocks and vegetables thrown at us this past week too ha-ha, like twice this past week. Its always when we go through a certain street in our sector that’s super Gangster and we have to go through that street to get back to our house at night so its interesting some nights cause we always see little gangster kids in the street yelling HELLO HOW ARE YOU?? YOU DA MONEY and then swear words and what not ha-ha so its great. I love the mission BUT I have not been robbed ever in my mission, "crossing fingers that I never will" ha-ha.  My companion Elder Urrutia got robbed in his first sector in Alerces, he got a jacket stolen from him that was a really nice one. Here you have to walk and act poor and if you do that they don´t really bother you here, the gangsters.  If you walk through with a nice jacket on or something that looks fancy you´ll get robbed I am sure that’s why I have never gotten robbed cause I walk poor and look normal ha-ha. Also we went down into a sector where I had never been with my companion but its a super rich area and there’s like no one down there and everyone has big gates, its pretty cool ha-ha.  We actually had a little bit of success down there but there’s not a lot of people were home when we went down so we will have to try at a different hour. Everything is super good here now that hopefully there will be more sun coming out. The funny thing is like mom said in her letter that Rugar had his primary presentation on Sunday, so did the kids here in my ward in the mission ha-ha.  It is truly correct what we say as missionaries and members wherever you go in the church you will always hear and learn the same thing all at the same time that the church we all learn at the same pace. Then also, we have an awesome cake me and Elder Urrutia and Elder Oakden and Elder Trejo made the other night of cookies and cream.  We're just going to pig out on it tonight, its going to be sweet!!  We're hoping to see a lot more success this coming week with people with baptismal date and people in church.  We did have a good attendance in church as members, we had 107 so we're still up there in the high numbers so that’s really good. I haven´t heard anything from Elder Patton but I am sure he is ok.  To answer mom's question on what else do I want in my box hmmm...There is a hat that they sell at Zumiez if you remember that store I used to go to all the time. There are beanies or hats that they sell there for like snowboarding and what not there but yeah Heidi I am sure will understand.  Just ask her ha-ha.  The beanie or hat has a bill like a ball cap does and I would like to see if you could send me one of a like a green or gray one whatever mark that you can find and the cheapest.   I am sure, but its those hats that I sleep with.   I have in a lot of my pictures with the pajamas and my comp likes it and always asks me for one so I was thinking to get him one for a little companionship gift for Christmas.  I guess that in my box and just some candies and what not inside.  Thanks for all the support you guys give me!! I love you all and miss you tons!!!
Love, Elder Blotter
P.S. Mom don´t get too trunked out of your mind I still have a lot of time left in the mission ha-ha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment