Friday, May 6, 2011

Elder Blotter - April 25

Dear Family
I am well this past Easter Sunday.  Funny it didn’t feel like Easter Sunday but then again they don’t really celebrate it in the branch here like we do back home. I did get some little chocolate Easter eggs from our recent convert’s son Antar who had a little Easter basket he got from in school.  So he shared them with my companion, and me, which was nice. Here Easter Sunday is more powerful in the Catholic Church and evangelic churches where they celebrate the full 3 days with the walking of the cross and a bunch of other stuff. They call Good Friday and the whole weekend Semana Santa that means Holy Week.  It’s interesting to see the culture difference in this holiday especially in a small little town. My companion is adjusting well just a little shocked from this past week because it rained here in the south for more than 72 hours STRAIGHT!!!   It was nuts not going to lie ha-ha and during the whole time until this afternoon we haven’t had power in the house so it was interesting being in the dark with a bunch of candles throughout the house lighting the place.   I guess it gave us a feel for how it must have felt for the pioneers in the old days where electricity didn’t exist at all so it was fun.   But it was sure a week of miracles in the rain because people stopped to talk to us more than usual so it was awesome and it’s always on those really rainy days that we find awesome new investigators!!!   So now we have a couple of new people to teach so maybe when the winter season gets here for real we won’t be walking so much in the rain and be more in houses ha-ha.  Wow it’s been a roller coaster this past week with rain. No power. Traveling to Rio Bueno a lot. Having our LAST interviews with President Lovell.  It’s a shame that he is ending his time as my mission president.  It’s going to be really weird to have a new mission president for the last 6 months of my mission. I'll barely have time to really get to know him. But it’s what the Lord wants. I know Sister Lovell is really sad to be going because I can see that she has really come to love the mission and we have all as missionaries come to love her a lot for what she does for us and brings to the mission. Thank you for all your love and support you give me even though I am a 1000 miles away from you. I love you tons and miss you more!!!
Love,
Elder Blotter

John 8 verse 12
"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the
world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have
the light of life."

No comments:

Post a Comment