Sunday, May 29, 2011

Elder Blotter - May 23th

Dear Mom,
I will make this short and simple today because me and my companion have been traveling all day from the NEW sector I am in called...LANCO to....VALDIVIA yes I am back up north again near where I started my mission. it is insane, when the bus arrived into the Valdivia area I felt like I was having a flash back and I am starting my second visa here in Chile so we had to travel to Valdivia and I felt like I was having flash backs because I was there for 6 months in Valdivia and I know that place better than the back of my own hand. I ran into members from my ward in Valdivia and it was so awesome to see them again and I saw my old papito and it was just nuts. I felt like I was seeing family again that I hadn’t seen in soooo long.  But Lanco is a little town about an hour and a half from Valdivia and its in the Zone of Los Lagos with Pangipulli and San Jose and all that area so its a new zone I have never been in and I only know one Elder from the zone that I was with in a different Zone. In this Zone I am the third oldest so it is really weird to actually feel really old because there are only 8 missionaries in this zone. It is the smallest zone in the mission so it was crazy to hear last Tuesday that I was heading to this zone. My companions name is Elder Winsor from Idaho, my first American Companion I have had in over a year!!! That is insane but his Spanish is amazing because he only has 3 months here in Chile and he speaks better than I did when I first got here. I started speaking as well as he can when I had 4 and a half months so it was interesting.   We get along well here and we are preparing someone for baptism for the 4th of June here a woman named Dina who is such a humble woman and just loves feeling the spirit. I can tell that through the teachings that Elder Winsor and his last companion have given her that she is well prepared and ready for baptism. She will have her interview this Saturday so we are really stoked for her.  We have Zone conference, our last Conference with President Lovell so tomorrow will be very sad for all of us missionaries. But that’s awesome that you guys got a letter from President and glad to hear that he gave good remarks about me. I love President Lovell and wish he could be my president for my whole 3 years. It’s colder here in Lanco than my last sector because we are closer to the mountains here than San Pablo so it’s cold in the nighttime and in the morning but its all good. I have my sleeping bag and a lot of warm clothes. The branch here is great and has an attendance of about 50 to 60 members so its a growing branch here and if we work hard here in Lanco to help the members attend that are less active we could have a branch of about 150 members so it has a lot of potential. I love it here and hope to see many miracles here in Lanco with Elder Winsor. I love you and miss you tons!!!
Love, Elder Blotter

No comments:

Post a Comment